Sunday, November 23, 2008
Telerik Reporting v2008 Q1 for ASP.Net & VB.Net
What’s new in Telerik Reporting Q2 2008?
New Report Items
* Barcodes - The Telerik Reporting Barcode Item can be used to create universal barcodes for any type of business use, be it sales, document or product tracking. The internal Telerik barcode engine will support over 20 widely used industry barcode standards, including:
o EAN (8, 13, 128)
o UPC (A, E)
o Standard 2 of 5
o Interleaved 2 of 5
o Code (11, 39, 93, 128)
* Checkbox item - The checkbox item offers checked, unchecked, and indeterminate states with support for expressions, conditional formatting, custom styling, etc.
New Features and Enhancements
* Support for ASP.NET AJAX - In Q1 2008 you can show, hide, or update your Web Viewer through ASP.NET AJAX’s UpdatePanel. For extra compatibility you can also use Telerik’s own RadAjaxPanel and RadAjaxManager to refresh the Web Viewer.
* Improved External Style Sheets Referencing - added the ability to reference external style sheets from local path, relative path, resource, and/or URL for extra flexibility when using style sheets.
* Document Names - When exporting reports, you can dynamically name the exported file based on the built-in expressions. Expressions support parameters, fields, user defined functions, etc. and give you full control over the naming conventions of the exported files.
* Report Converters - The built-in report converters have been updated and support the latest versions of Crystal Reports, Xtra Reports, and Active Reports.
What’s included in RadControls ASP.NET AJAX (formerly Prometheus): RadAjax, RadCalendar, RadChart, RadColorPicker, RadComboBox, RadDock, RadEditor, RadGrid, RadInput, RadMenu, RadScheduler, RadSlider, RadSpell, RadSplitter, RadToolTip, RadTreeView, RadUpload and RadWindow (details below).